Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Debt

Finally finished paying off the Best Buy card yesterday. It was kinda cool 'cause the final bill was for less than $10. Easiest bill I've ever paid. Though I doubt I'll stop feeling the debt pressure until my MSPs and Overdraft are paid off. I'm cool with the VISA debt for some strange reason. Maybe I won't be after I take out the student loan. eeee. Feel weird that in my attempt to get a better paying job or career, to get a better handle on my low cash income, I decided to spend several years in school amassing larger debt. Seems backwards. Well at least I didn't take that abestos cleaning job in Surrey. Why that job appealed to me I'll never understand.

Comments:
All about the Benjamins.
 
but but but.. Student loan debt is the best debt to have.. CBC radio news said so.. and my personal experience went like this.. I have 30 grand in student loan debt (roughly)and the first six months you don't pay back.. after that it's 250 per month for me which was a drain so I looked into it and I got an interest relief account and now i pay 50 a month and I can renew that 3 more times for 6 month periods after which time the Gov will cut my debt in half cause I can't pay it anyway..
better than credit card or banks loans .. waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better..
 
Damn. And I had to get a sweet job right after school. No debt relief for me.
 
I'll be paying my student loan debts off til I'm dead...

beej, be REALLY careful with credit cards, especially when you're in school. I racked up over ten grand on credit alone in three years, and it will have taken me almost ten to pay it off by the time I'm done. if you can't pay with cash, don't buy it. period.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?